If your PayPal Payment On Pending Status, then the reason could be it’s being reviewed according to our standard procedure to ensure account safety. The review may take up to 72 hours. Once we’ve finished reviewing and processing your withdrawal in our system, your withdrawal will show a “Completed” status.
A withdrawal to a bank account typically completes in 1 business day, but it can take up to 5 days depending on your bank’s clearing process. So, it still may take your bank 3 to 5 business days from the point we show it as ‘Complete’ for your bank to make the money available in your account.
If it’s been longer than 7 business days that you haven’t received your withdrawal and the funds hasn’t been returned to your PayPal balance, please contact us and provide us with the transaction ID. We’ll help you trace the missing funds.
In the case if your withdrawal fails because the bank account information is incorrect, or your bank account doesn’t accept electronic funds transfer, your funds will be returned to your PayPal balance.
Why is the PayPal payment I received under review?- PayPal Payment On Pending Status
PayPal reviews all transactions to help sellers avoid risk. If we think that a payment might be risky or fraudulent, we’ll email you that the payment is under review, and ask you to wait until our review is complete before shipping. This review can take up to 24 hours.
You can also check the progress of your payments on the Activity page. The payment status of your transaction remains “Pending” until we complete our review.
Payments that clear Payment Review are automatically eligible for Seller Protection as long as the transaction follows our guidelines.
I received a payment notification email, but the payment doesn’t appear in my PayPal account. Why?- PayPal Payment On Pending Status
If you receive an email saying you’ve received a payment but you can’t find it in your PayPal account, there are a number of possibilities:
- You haven’t provided additional information to confirm your identity with us. You’ll only be able to receive payments after you’ve completed this step. Learn how to confirm your identity.
- The sender may have accidentally sent the payment to the wrong email address. You might want to contact the sender to confirm that the payment was sent to the correct email address.
- You may have the email address on your account, but you haven’t confirmed it. You need to confirm your email address to prove that you have access to it, before you can receive payments.
- You may have received a fake email. Fake emails, also known as phishing emails, attempt to collect your personal and financial information. These fake emails often link to fake websites that encourage you to enter personal information such as credit card numbers, passport or driver’s license numbers, and account passwords.
If an email you’ve received seems suspicious, don’t click on any link in the email but forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and then delete the fake email from your inbox. Learn more about account security all around the world.
How do I receive PayPal payments?-PayPal Payment On Pending Status
For your account security and compliance with India’s financial regulations, you’ll need to confirm your email address and your identity before you can receive PayPal payments and withdraw money from your PayPal account.
- Confirm your email ID registered with PayPal
- Complete the identity confirmation required for your business type
Find out the documents you should provide according to your business needs, and then click Complete your KYC to begin the identity confirmation. Our comprehensive step-by-step guides can guide you through this process.
- To receive only international payments, you just need to:
- Verify your SSN
- Add your bank account
- Select a Purpose Code
After we’ve received the information and confirmed your identity, you’ll be able to receive PayPal payments and withdraw money to your bank account. You can also click Notifications (the bell icon) on your Summary page anytime to track your progress.
Note: What’s a purpose code?
In accordance with USA regulations, you’re required to add a reason for your payments (also known as a “purpose code”). This helps the regulators to understand the exact nature of your cross-border transactions. This purpose code must be in place before you can withdraw money from your PayPal Payment On Pending Status On PayPal account to your local Indian bank account. You only need to add the purpose code once, and it’ll be used as the default reason for all your payments.
For all Business accounts, Purpose code is collected during the account creation. You can update the purpose code later as well. Please click here to update the Purpose code.
I’m not receiving the SMS or text to confirm my PayPal identity. What should I do?
- If you’re not receiving a text from us, you may want to try re-adding your phone number to your account.
- If re-adding your phone number doesn’t work, you may need to contact your mobile phone carrier and ask them to turn on short-code text messaging. Depending on the transaction/activity we’ll send you one of 2 texts. We may send you a text asking you to confirm your activity (by replying 1 for yes or 2 for no) or, we’ll send a text with a 6-digit code that you’ll need to enter on the screen. PayPal Payment On Pending Status . The code is in the body of the text and not the 725-729 from PayPal number.
- This code expires after 5-10 minutes. If you missed the timeframe, click Resend if the option is available or click Try another way.
Changing or adding a phone number to receive a text
If you have more than one phone number added to your PayPal account, you can click Change in your Settings to select the phone number you’d like to receive the text. If you no longer have the phone number listed on your PayPal account, you can click Add new to enter your current number.
Why am I receiving emails from PayPal when I don’t have an account?
- You may be receiving emails from us because a PayPal account has been registered with your email.
- Someone may have mistakenly added it to their account when they signed up, either mistyping it or intentionally entering an email that wasn’t theirs.
- Or it was recycled by a domain provider like Gmail, Hotmail, etc. If you have an email account and stop using it for a while, the domain provider can reissue the email address to the public and allow it to be used again by someone else.
Email us using the email address that you’re receiving PayPal emails
Include a statement acknowledging you don’t have a PayPal account and would like your email removed from the PayPal system
If you’re not sure the email you received is from PayPal, check our tips to learn more about email phishing and how to spot a fake email.