PayPal has become a popular method of payment all over the world. Sending money is fast and easy with PayPal. However, it’s very frustrating when you are unable to do a transaction on the platform. Today, I’ll be taking a look at the reason why you may be unable to send money on PayPal.
- Not being able to send money on PayPal may be due to insufficient balance, limitations placed on your account, a problem with your credit/debit card, and so on. I’ll help you understand why you may be unable to send payments on PayPal and how to resolve it..
- Understanding why your payment is not going through is important as you’ll be able to take steps to solve the problem. Some times the underlying issue preventing you from sending money can be easily resolved while sometimes it may require you to take a couple of actions. Continue reading to know why payments on PayPal may not go through and how to resolve it.
Why PayPal won’t let me send money?
PayPal is a platform for sending and receiving money so you know something is wrong if you are unable to send money. The usual reasons why many people are unable to send money on PayPal is insufficient balance and limitations placed on the account by PayPal. So whenever your payment s not going through, first check if you have enough money for the transaction in your account. If there’s enough money, then it’s due to other issues. Sometimes Limitations can be and will be placed on every PayPal account until the owner has verified his/her identity. And this will most likely be the reason your transaction is not going through if you are yet to verify your identity.
You may also need to reactivate PayPal if you’ve not used your account for an extended period of time. If you are unable to send money on PayPal, follow the following steps to know the underlying issue.
- Log in to your PayPal account through the mobile app or website. First You Have to log in, click the link to the Resolution Center which you’ll find at the top of the page. After this Simply go Into the resolution center, you’ll see another link that will inform you of the reason your account access is limited, And if PayPal has placed a restriction on the amount you can send or receive for any reason.
- Follow the instructions given to you by PayPal in the Resolution Center to resolve the issue and reactivate full access to PayPal services and features.
- If for any reason you have to report an unauthorized transaction, click on the Resolution Center link to dispute the transaction. Note: that PayPal will place a hold on unauthorized transactions and until such transactions are resolved, you’ll be unable to send or receive money.
- If after all these you are still unable to send money or log in to your account, contact the PayPal Help Center for assistance. You can get in touch with the Help Center by clicking the contact link on the PayPal homepage in case you are unable to log in to your account
How to solve “PayPal won’t let me send money”
Below are ways you can resolve why PayPal won’t allow you to send money from different funding sources.
PayPal won’t allow me to send money from my balance
- Check if you have sufficient funds in your balance.
- If you don’t, fund your balance or use other funding sources. If you have enough money in your balance and are still unable to send money, then you may have limitations placed on your account by PayPal.
- Follow the above instructions to resolve the issue. PayPal may also not allow you to send money if they’ve detected suspicious activity on your account and you’ll have to resolve this to be able to send money.
- The problem may not even be from your end. It’s possible that the recipient has limitations on his/her account and can’t receive payment.
PayPal won’t let me send money from my credit card
Again, it could be due to a limitation placed on your account and may need to go through a security check for PayPal to confirm your identity. If you are trying to use Instant Transfer and it’s not going, it may be that your debit card is unable to process Instant Transfer. Detection of suspicious activity is another reason why you may be unable to send money from your card.
Some Other reasons Could be insufficient balance and issues with your card issuer which may cause transactions to be declined.
PayPal won’t let me send money from my bank account
The reasons are similar to that of other payment methods above. It could be due to insufficient money in your bank account, a limitation on your PayPal account that may require you to verify your identity, or your bank account being unable to process Instant transfer if you are trying to use the service.
The issue may sometimes be with your bank and you’ll have to contact your bank for more information. It could also be to restrictions on the recipient’s account. The recipient may have yet to go through PayPal’s security check or is from a country where PayPal doesn’t allow to receive money.
PayPal may or might hold a part of your balance as a reserve which is an amount of money held in your account and used when we’re unable to collect on your past due balances from chargebacks, the claims, debit transactions with insufficient funds in the account, and fees.
How To Cancel A Payment On PayPal (2022 Update)
PayPal is known as an effective tool used for receiving and sending payments online to anyone anywhere around the world who has a PayPal account.
As PayPal is used by individuals and businesses as a method of payment for commodities bought online hence, PayPal isn’t only used to send money to friends and families but can also be used to make payments for transactions made online.
But in this process, sometimes, payments need to be canceled thereby leading us to ask if it is possible to cancel payments on PayPal, and if it’s possible, how does one go about it?
Only pending payments and unclaimed payments can be canceled on PayPal. you make a payment and you realize there’s a need for you to cancel the payment, the payment has to be “Pending” or “Unclaimed” to be able to cancel it. If the payment is completed, you will be unable to cancel it.
Suppose you have reasons for a payment to be canceled, you can quickly cancel the payments in your account activity as long as the payment does not get completed. In this article, I’ll explain how to cancel payments made by you to either family, friends, or businesses (in case you made payments to complete purchases/transactions online).
Can You Cancel A PayPal Payment After Sending It?
Although many forms of PayPal payments are processed almost immediately which can cause you to be unable to cancel the payments, if the receiver of the payment has not received or claimed the money, you can cancel the payment. PayPal payments that can’t be canceled are payments sent to active recipients as the payment will be processed and completed almost immediately.
Other PayPal payments that can be canceled easily are those that the recipient hasn’t claimed. Unclaimed payments occur due to the email address of the recipient not being verified by PayPal or, the email address not being associated with an account. After 30 days, if recipients do not claim the payment, PayPal automatically refunds your payment.
If you make payments to a business to purchase a product, service, or complete any other transactions, due to the activeness of the recipients, you may not be able to cancel the payment as the payments are usually completed immediately. Although some other businesses allow you to cancel the payments immediately after you initiate the process, not every business allows this.
Instead, since the payments made in such instances may not be allowed to be canceled, you will be able to request refunds from the businesses. Most businesses have their own personal refund policies varying from 3, 5, 7, 10, or even 30 days refund policies.
On the other hand, if you make payments to individuals (friends and families for instance), if the money is not claimed or completed immediately, you can cancel the payment easily on PayPal’s website or on the mobile application. Again the payment is completed almost immediately, you can contact them and request a refund from them.
If you sent money to the wrong PayPal account, you can cancel the payment immediately easily. If you can not, you can make a complaint to PayPal’s customer service to report the transaction and relate to them the details of the transaction.
In addition, if you make a recurring payment to a particular recipient and you want to cancel the payments, you can cancel these kinds of payments easily as they aren’t claimed immediately. If these payments were made for a product or a service using PayPal’s payment portal, not all of these payments can be canceled immediately as it is dependent on the recipients’ accounts and if they’ve claimed the funds.
If you cannot cancel the recurring payments, you can request a refund from the business, and within their refund timeline, as related to their refund policies, you’ll get your money back.
Accounts May be or can be reported for a scam if any of these processes turn out to be a scam on the sender and he cannot cancel a payment or ask for a refund.
How To Cancel Payments On PayPal
However , it is not possible to cancel a PayPal transaction that’s been claimed or completed. But the Transactions can only be revoked when the particular transaction is marked as “Pending” or “Unclaimed” on the activity page with the list of recent transactions.
If the receiver has received the fund, You’ll have to “dispute” the fund or request a refund from the recipient.
Nonetheless, here are steps to cancel an unclaimed or pending transaction.
If you use PayPal web on your PC, here’s how to cancel a transaction on it:
- Log In To Your Account On Paypal.com
The first action to cancel a transaction is to log in with your registered email and password.
- Navigate To The Activity Button In The Navigation Bar
- The Moment you click the activity button, you’ll be redirected to a page with a comprehensive list of your transactions from your most recent ones to older ones.
- Find The Transaction You Want To Cancel And Then Click On “Cancel”
Once you click on cancel, you’ll be redirected to a confirmation page to confirm if you want to cancel the payment.
- Click On “Cancel Payment”
On the confirmation page, you’ll need to make sure to go through the details on the page to confirm you want to cancel the payment before proceeding to hit the “Cancel Payment” button.
With the above steps, you will be able to cancel any transaction you want to cancel as long as they are unclaimed or uncompleted.
Why Can’t I Cancel A Pending Payment On Paypal?
Usually, you are able to cancel pending payments on PayPal as long as the payment is still marked pending or unclaimed. The reason you may not be able to cancel a pending payment is if the payment has been processed completely and the payment has been claimed. As long as the payment is not completed, you can still cancel the payment.
On the other hand, another reason you might not be able to cancel a pending payment is if you’re making a payment for a purchase. These kinds of payments are processed almost immediately so as to allow sellers to receive their payments while they deliver the product to you. But whenever the payment is pending, the payment is locked hence, you are not able to cancel it.
This is to protect sellers from losing their products and also their payments, most especially when the product has been shipped or delivered to you. Alternatively, you can be patient and after receiving the product purchased, you can request a refund and with the business’s return policy, you get a refund while also returning the product to the seller.
How To Cancel A Completed Payment On PayPal
You cannot cancel a payment after it’s been processed and completed on PayPal. Otherwise, you can request a refund from the recipient if they are a business and if they are family or friends, you can call them to request your money to be sent back. PayPal also allows you to “dispute” a payment whenever you have a good reason to.
How To Cancel PayPal Payments Without An Account
If you made a payment on PayPal as a guest, that means you made the payment with your credit card, through PayPal. If you want to reverse your payment you need to call PayPal’s customer service as they’ll request your credit card details to go through the history of payments on your card and help reverse the money. Alternatively, you can call your credit card issuer for a credit card charge-back.
Can You Cancel A PayPal Payment To Friends And Family?
You can cancel the payment while the payment is still pending. More so , if the friend or family member’s email address hasn’t been active or it hasn’t been verified with PayPal, the payment to the address will be tagged “Unclaimed” which allows you to cancel the payment.
But if in case payment has been completed successfully, you cannot cancel the payment as you can only request a refund from a friend or family member.